Jun 24, 2010, 11:09 AM EDT
The Celtics have a young star point guard paired with a front line ready to star in a remake of Cocoon. Boston knows that long term it needs to get younger. Boston also knows there are some quality big men up at the top of the draft that fit their needs.
So the Celtics have dangled Kendrick Perkins and their No. 19 pick to move way up in the draft, according to Sam Amick at Fanhouse.
Perkins is an expiring $4.4 million contract and a guy about to have offseason knee surgery. He’s also a solid big man in the middle who can defend and rebound and be the anchor a lot of teams could use.
But would you give up a potential future star big man for Kendrick Perkins and the No. 19 pick? Not if you’re building for the future you’re not. Nor if you are sane.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3