Jun 24, 2010, 11:09 AM EDT
The Celtics have a young star point guard paired with a front line ready to star in a remake of Cocoon. Boston knows that long term it needs to get younger. Boston also knows there are some quality big men up at the top of the draft that fit their needs.
So the Celtics have dangled Kendrick Perkins and their No. 19 pick to move way up in the draft, according to Sam Amick at Fanhouse.
Perkins is an expiring $4.4 million contract and a guy about to have offseason knee surgery. He’s also a solid big man in the middle who can defend and rebound and be the anchor a lot of teams could use.
But would you give up a potential future star big man for Kendrick Perkins and the No. 19 pick? Not if you’re building for the future you’re not. Nor if you are sane.
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 0
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20