Jun 24, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
I know John Wall has already been penciled in as the No. 1 pick in the draft. Then his name was written in pen, and probably in permanent marker. Well, it’s finally time to etch Wall’s name in stone and trace it with blood. Nothing is more certain on draft night, and barring a catastrophe of historical proportions, Wall will be a Washington Wizard.
It’s apparently so certain that the NBA wasn’t shy about selling official John Wall/Wizards gear at the draft itself. Here’s a photo of the league-endorsed Wall shirt being sold at the draft, courtesy of Dan Steinberg of D.C. Sports Bog:
I will be immensely pleased if this is just the biggest “Gotcha!” of all time. After the Wiz agreed to take on Kirk Hinrich’s contract and do the Bulls an incredible favor for the hell of it, I wouldn’t put it past them. For every good move the Wizards make, they push their fans’ patience with another.
But none of that matters! John Wall! Yeah!
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 2
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 18
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7