Jun 24, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
Kevin Pritchard is an NBA Draft wiz — Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge and Nicolas Batum and everyone that makes up the young and up-and-coming Blazers. (And he gets a pass on Oden, everybody thought he was a sure thing.)
So on the day of the draft, the Portand Trailblazers have fired Pritchard, according to Jason Quick of the Oregonian.
But they are going to let him run the draft for them. So if you see him trade some top picks for the rights to Adam Morrison, you know he’s a little bitter.
This is not a surprise, rumors have swirled for a while that this was coming, ever since his assistant Tom Penn was canned right after the season. This doesn’t make it smart. This was a GM who understood how to build a team, how to do it smartly and within a budget. So he’s got a big ego? If you want to get a good guy, you get some ego with it.
And note to Paul Allen, after you just canned a guy who built a top team, good luck finding someone who wants to take this job on.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 3
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 12
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 15
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43