Jun 23, 2010, 9:44 PM EST
Is Sam Presti magic? Does he have mutant powers of persuasion? Does he know, in fact, how to make friends and influence people? Apparently freaking so, because hours after translating the 32nd overall pick into the 18th and a three point shooting champ, the Thunder are active again.
This time, they’re looking to move the recently acquired 18, their 21st pick, and guard Eric Maynor for Indiana’s 10th overall, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo!.
So what’s their angle? Are they looking to package and move up again for Greg Monroe? Are they geared to take one of the plethora of quality athletic bigs in this draft? Who do they have their eye on?
It seems like every time we think we’ve got Presti figured out, he does something small which somehow makes his team that much better. But Maynor is a really talented player that plays an important position for the Thunder as a backup change of pace guard. Whatever it is that Presti’s angling, it better be worth it. Then again, so far, each time, it has been.
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 5
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 7
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 41
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6