Jun 23, 2010, 9:27 AM EDT
What the Warriors want when they pick at No. 6 is DeMarcus Cousins. But if Mick Jagar has taught us one thing, it’s that you can’t always get what you want (because Sacramento takes him).
But if they have to settle for getting what they need, that will likely be Ekpe Udoh out of Baylor, not Greg Monroe out of Georgetown, according to ESPN’s Chad Ford.
Monroe is the rare center whose best skill is passing, and he brings a diverse and polished offensive game that one would think would tempt the current Warriors brain trust. (Go ahead and snicker at “brain trust,” Warriors fans.)
But Monroe did not impress in a workout in Golden State, so they are looking at other big men who could help them. Udoh can block shots, step out to the midrange, both things the Warriors need. He had to create a lot of his own looks in Baylor, someone will do that for him in Golden State. And by someone we mean Stephen Curry.
This all could be a smokescreen. Right now there is more smoke being blown around the NBA than in a Cheech and Chong movie. But don’t be shocked if Monroe ends up with the Pistons, or keeps falling down to the Jazz or Grizzlies.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29