Jun 23, 2010, 9:27 AM EST
What the Warriors want when they pick at No. 6 is DeMarcus Cousins. But if Mick Jagar has taught us one thing, it’s that you can’t always get what you want (because Sacramento takes him).
But if they have to settle for getting what they need, that will likely be Ekpe Udoh out of Baylor, not Greg Monroe out of Georgetown, according to ESPN’s Chad Ford.
Monroe is the rare center whose best skill is passing, and he brings a diverse and polished offensive game that one would think would tempt the current Warriors brain trust. (Go ahead and snicker at “brain trust,” Warriors fans.)
But Monroe did not impress in a workout in Golden State, so they are looking at other big men who could help them. Udoh can block shots, step out to the midrange, both things the Warriors need. He had to create a lot of his own looks in Baylor, someone will do that for him in Golden State. And by someone we mean Stephen Curry.
This all could be a smokescreen. Right now there is more smoke being blown around the NBA than in a Cheech and Chong movie. But don’t be shocked if Monroe ends up with the Pistons, or keeps falling down to the Jazz or Grizzlies.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7