Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM EST
The Spurs need to get younger, we may have found their guy. Maybe the guy to replace Manu Ginobili some day.
I’ll let the San Antonio Express-News explain:
Making a short appearance at the Spurs’ youth summer camp at the University of the Incarnate Word, Ginobili — Olympic gold medalist, international icon and three-time NBA champion — lost a shooting contest called “knockout” to a 13-year-old camper named Anthony.
“I’m not good with long rests,” Ginobili said later, acknowledging his rust.
Ginobili has not been on the court much since the season ended, what with one-month-old twin boys at home now. He probably isn’t getting a lot of sleep, either.
Still, you can bet the first time Manu misses a good look in training camp Tim Duncan will be yelling out “let’s get that 13-year-old in here, bet he can knock that down.”
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9