Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
The Spurs need to get younger, we may have found their guy. Maybe the guy to replace Manu Ginobili some day.
I’ll let the San Antonio Express-News explain:
Making a short appearance at the Spurs’ youth summer camp at the University of the Incarnate Word, Ginobili — Olympic gold medalist, international icon and three-time NBA champion — lost a shooting contest called “knockout” to a 13-year-old camper named Anthony.
“I’m not good with long rests,” Ginobili said later, acknowledging his rust.
Ginobili has not been on the court much since the season ended, what with one-month-old twin boys at home now. He probably isn’t getting a lot of sleep, either.
Still, you can bet the first time Manu misses a good look in training camp Tim Duncan will be yelling out “let’s get that 13-year-old in here, bet he can knock that down.”
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21