Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM EST
The Spurs need to get younger, we may have found their guy. Maybe the guy to replace Manu Ginobili some day.
I’ll let the San Antonio Express-News explain:
Making a short appearance at the Spurs’ youth summer camp at the University of the Incarnate Word, Ginobili — Olympic gold medalist, international icon and three-time NBA champion — lost a shooting contest called “knockout” to a 13-year-old camper named Anthony.
“I’m not good with long rests,” Ginobili said later, acknowledging his rust.
Ginobili has not been on the court much since the season ended, what with one-month-old twin boys at home now. He probably isn’t getting a lot of sleep, either.
Still, you can bet the first time Manu misses a good look in training camp Tim Duncan will be yelling out “let’s get that 13-year-old in here, bet he can knock that down.”
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39