Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
The Spurs need to get younger, we may have found their guy. Maybe the guy to replace Manu Ginobili some day.
I’ll let the San Antonio Express-News explain:
Making a short appearance at the Spurs’ youth summer camp at the University of the Incarnate Word, Ginobili — Olympic gold medalist, international icon and three-time NBA champion — lost a shooting contest called “knockout” to a 13-year-old camper named Anthony.
“I’m not good with long rests,” Ginobili said later, acknowledging his rust.
Ginobili has not been on the court much since the season ended, what with one-month-old twin boys at home now. He probably isn’t getting a lot of sleep, either.
Still, you can bet the first time Manu misses a good look in training camp Tim Duncan will be yelling out “let’s get that 13-year-old in here, bet he can knock that down.”
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 5
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3