Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
The Spurs need to get younger, we may have found their guy. Maybe the guy to replace Manu Ginobili some day.
I’ll let the San Antonio Express-News explain:
Making a short appearance at the Spurs’ youth summer camp at the University of the Incarnate Word, Ginobili — Olympic gold medalist, international icon and three-time NBA champion — lost a shooting contest called “knockout” to a 13-year-old camper named Anthony.
“I’m not good with long rests,” Ginobili said later, acknowledging his rust.
Ginobili has not been on the court much since the season ended, what with one-month-old twin boys at home now. He probably isn’t getting a lot of sleep, either.
Still, you can bet the first time Manu misses a good look in training camp Tim Duncan will be yelling out “let’s get that 13-year-old in here, bet he can knock that down.”
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 4
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 26
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50