Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM EDT
The Spurs need to get younger, we may have found their guy. Maybe the guy to replace Manu Ginobili some day.
I’ll let the San Antonio Express-News explain:
Making a short appearance at the Spurs’ youth summer camp at the University of the Incarnate Word, Ginobili — Olympic gold medalist, international icon and three-time NBA champion — lost a shooting contest called “knockout” to a 13-year-old camper named Anthony.
“I’m not good with long rests,” Ginobili said later, acknowledging his rust.
Ginobili has not been on the court much since the season ended, what with one-month-old twin boys at home now. He probably isn’t getting a lot of sleep, either.
Still, you can bet the first time Manu misses a good look in training camp Tim Duncan will be yelling out “let’s get that 13-year-old in here, bet he can knock that down.”
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 0
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 4
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 9
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 14
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 14