Jun 23, 2010, 1:18 PM EST
Rudy Fernandez is not a happy man in Portland. He feels he never got a chance, he feels ignored, he doesn’t like the coach, doesn’t like how he’s being used, probably doesn’t even like the pastrami burger at Kenny & Zuke’s Delicatessen. And everybody likes the pastrami burger at Kenny & Zuke’s.
Maybe what he needs is a fresh start, to play in a wide-open system, maybe to play in the most cosmopolitan of cities.
Good news Rudy — the New York Knicks are considering trading for you.
That’s what Jonathon Abrams reports in the New York Times. Something like Fernandez for one of the Knicks two second-round picks (38 and 39) plus Wilson Chandler or Toney Douglas.
Chandler and Douglas are both players on the rise, but Fernandez is a more mature player than both of them, and is a better three-point shooter. Simply, Fernandez is a better fit right now along whoever the Knicks can bring in via free agency.
Fernandez is not expensive either, at $1.25 million this year with the team having the option for next year.
Of all the crazy trade ideas out there, this one makes about the most sense. So, probably won’t happen.
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 0
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 32
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 8
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6