Jun 23, 2010, 1:38 PM EDT
Once trade rumors get rolling, they are almost impossible to stop. Even when they made no sense.
Like the Hornets trying to trade Chris Paul. That’s not a normal kind of insane, that’s like Charlie Manson level insane. It makes no real sense. So owner George Shinn came forward to put an end to that with a public statement:
“The resolve that my partner Gary Chouest and I have will always remain the same – to continue to build our legacy in New Orleans, and to develop a path and plan to win an NBA Championship for New Orleans and all of Louisiana. We are about building and sustaining a winning tradition. Chris Paul is the cornerstone of our franchise and brings us unequaled support on and off the court. We will continue to build around Chris Paul, and we want to see him in a Hornets uniform for the remainder of his career. We have an exciting future, and with the leadership of our new head coach and players like Chris Paul, we know the best is yet to come. We plan to take advantage of any opportunities to improve our team.”
So that should clear everything up, right? Exactly. Read that last sentence again. He’s like a kid with his fingers cross behind his back. Somebody wants some wiggle room, just in case.
Chris Paul said he wants to stay in New Orleans if the team is committed to winning. Right now we’d all be happy if they settled on a clear and definitive statement.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25