Jun 23, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:22 pm: Mo Williams really doesn’t want to be traded. Check out what he put up on his twitter account:
Pls don’t trade
me, I’m not ready to go. I’m begging. My work ain’t done yet. I’m on
both knees….pls. I’m serious
11:42 am: Cleveland is considering everything right now. You have a seven-team trade where the Cavaliers get Chris Paul and only have to give up a rack of shoot-around basketballs and a second round pick? They’ll consider it.
That includes shopping Mo Williams around. Williams is a solid, quality point whose outside shot balances out LeBron James slashing. He also has a somewhat oversized contract at $9.3 million next year and two certainly picked up player option years at $8.5 million.
So the Cavs tested the market, with no real plans to ship Williams off, according to Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
But there was interest — Portland apparently was interested and the talks were around Andre Miller. There was a rumor the Kings were interested and were willing to give up way too much for him: Beno Udrih and the No. 5 pick. But it was all Monopoly money.
The Cavs might be willing to move DeLonte West, and another team looking to save money because you can cut him and most of his $4.5 million off the books.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6