Jun 23, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:22 pm: Mo Williams really doesn’t want to be traded. Check out what he put up on his twitter account:
Pls don’t trade
me, I’m not ready to go. I’m begging. My work ain’t done yet. I’m on
both knees….pls. I’m serious
11:42 am: Cleveland is considering everything right now. You have a seven-team trade where the Cavaliers get Chris Paul and only have to give up a rack of shoot-around basketballs and a second round pick? They’ll consider it.
That includes shopping Mo Williams around. Williams is a solid, quality point whose outside shot balances out LeBron James slashing. He also has a somewhat oversized contract at $9.3 million next year and two certainly picked up player option years at $8.5 million.
So the Cavs tested the market, with no real plans to ship Williams off, according to Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
But there was interest — Portland apparently was interested and the talks were around Andre Miller. There was a rumor the Kings were interested and were willing to give up way too much for him: Beno Udrih and the No. 5 pick. But it was all Monopoly money.
The Cavs might be willing to move DeLonte West, and another team looking to save money because you can cut him and most of his $4.5 million off the books.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 26
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 34
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7