Jun 23, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:22 pm: Mo Williams really doesn’t want to be traded. Check out what he put up on his twitter account:
Pls don’t trade
me, I’m not ready to go. I’m begging. My work ain’t done yet. I’m on
both knees….pls. I’m serious
11:42 am: Cleveland is considering everything right now. You have a seven-team trade where the Cavaliers get Chris Paul and only have to give up a rack of shoot-around basketballs and a second round pick? They’ll consider it.
That includes shopping Mo Williams around. Williams is a solid, quality point whose outside shot balances out LeBron James slashing. He also has a somewhat oversized contract at $9.3 million next year and two certainly picked up player option years at $8.5 million.
So the Cavs tested the market, with no real plans to ship Williams off, according to Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
But there was interest — Portland apparently was interested and the talks were around Andre Miller. There was a rumor the Kings were interested and were willing to give up way too much for him: Beno Udrih and the No. 5 pick. But it was all Monopoly money.
The Cavs might be willing to move DeLonte West, and another team looking to save money because you can cut him and most of his $4.5 million off the books.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6