Jun 23, 2010, 2:22 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:22 pm: Mo Williams really doesn’t want to be traded. Check out what he put up on his twitter account:
Pls don’t trade
me, I’m not ready to go. I’m begging. My work ain’t done yet. I’m on
both knees….pls. I’m serious
11:42 am: Cleveland is considering everything right now. You have a seven-team trade where the Cavaliers get Chris Paul and only have to give up a rack of shoot-around basketballs and a second round pick? They’ll consider it.
That includes shopping Mo Williams around. Williams is a solid, quality point whose outside shot balances out LeBron James slashing. He also has a somewhat oversized contract at $9.3 million next year and two certainly picked up player option years at $8.5 million.
So the Cavs tested the market, with no real plans to ship Williams off, according to Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
But there was interest — Portland apparently was interested and the talks were around Andre Miller. There was a rumor the Kings were interested and were willing to give up way too much for him: Beno Udrih and the No. 5 pick. But it was all Monopoly money.
The Cavs might be willing to move DeLonte West, and another team looking to save money because you can cut him and most of his $4.5 million off the books.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17