Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
The Sixers really, really want to trade Elton Brand. Really, really. He is the anchor on their grand rebuilding plans.
First they tried to package him with the No. 2 pick, but there were no real bites on the line so now the Sixers are pretty set on taking Evan Turner in that spot.
Now according to Ken Berger at CBSSports.com, Philadelphia is stepping up its efforts to find a trading partner, someone to take on Brand. Good luck with that.
Three years at $51 million. Which is a lot of money for 13 points and 6 rebounds a game on 48 percent shooting (which is what Brand posted last year in 76 games). Coming off his injuries, Brand is now just about average. He’s just being paid still as an All-Star.
He has maybe the most unmovable contract in the NBA right now. I’m not sure what you could put with him that would make him enticing. It’s going to take more than a lifetime supply of Rice-o-Roni. A lot more.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 19
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13