Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 AM EST
The Sixers really, really want to trade Elton Brand. Really, really. He is the anchor on their grand rebuilding plans.
First they tried to package him with the No. 2 pick, but there were no real bites on the line so now the Sixers are pretty set on taking Evan Turner in that spot.
Now according to Ken Berger at CBSSports.com, Philadelphia is stepping up its efforts to find a trading partner, someone to take on Brand. Good luck with that.
Three years at $51 million. Which is a lot of money for 13 points and 6 rebounds a game on 48 percent shooting (which is what Brand posted last year in 76 games). Coming off his injuries, Brand is now just about average. He’s just being paid still as an All-Star.
He has maybe the most unmovable contract in the NBA right now. I’m not sure what you could put with him that would make him enticing. It’s going to take more than a lifetime supply of Rice-o-Roni. A lot more.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 6
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 40
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18