Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
The Sixers really, really want to trade Elton Brand. Really, really. He is the anchor on their grand rebuilding plans.
First they tried to package him with the No. 2 pick, but there were no real bites on the line so now the Sixers are pretty set on taking Evan Turner in that spot.
Now according to Ken Berger at CBSSports.com, Philadelphia is stepping up its efforts to find a trading partner, someone to take on Brand. Good luck with that.
Three years at $51 million. Which is a lot of money for 13 points and 6 rebounds a game on 48 percent shooting (which is what Brand posted last year in 76 games). Coming off his injuries, Brand is now just about average. He’s just being paid still as an All-Star.
He has maybe the most unmovable contract in the NBA right now. I’m not sure what you could put with him that would make him enticing. It’s going to take more than a lifetime supply of Rice-o-Roni. A lot more.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14