Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
The Sixers really, really want to trade Elton Brand. Really, really. He is the anchor on their grand rebuilding plans.
First they tried to package him with the No. 2 pick, but there were no real bites on the line so now the Sixers are pretty set on taking Evan Turner in that spot.
Now according to Ken Berger at CBSSports.com, Philadelphia is stepping up its efforts to find a trading partner, someone to take on Brand. Good luck with that.
Three years at $51 million. Which is a lot of money for 13 points and 6 rebounds a game on 48 percent shooting (which is what Brand posted last year in 76 games). Coming off his injuries, Brand is now just about average. He’s just being paid still as an All-Star.
He has maybe the most unmovable contract in the NBA right now. I’m not sure what you could put with him that would make him enticing. It’s going to take more than a lifetime supply of Rice-o-Roni. A lot more.
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 0
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 35
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 23
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 15
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay