Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 AM EDT
The Sixers really, really want to trade Elton Brand. Really, really. He is the anchor on their grand rebuilding plans.
First they tried to package him with the No. 2 pick, but there were no real bites on the line so now the Sixers are pretty set on taking Evan Turner in that spot.
Now according to Ken Berger at CBSSports.com, Philadelphia is stepping up its efforts to find a trading partner, someone to take on Brand. Good luck with that.
Three years at $51 million. Which is a lot of money for 13 points and 6 rebounds a game on 48 percent shooting (which is what Brand posted last year in 76 games). Coming off his injuries, Brand is now just about average. He’s just being paid still as an All-Star.
He has maybe the most unmovable contract in the NBA right now. I’m not sure what you could put with him that would make him enticing. It’s going to take more than a lifetime supply of Rice-o-Roni. A lot more.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4