Jun 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Memphis has talked about trying to move up in the draft, they may have fond a way.
ESPN is reporting that Memphis is close to a deal to trade picks No. 25 and No. 28 to Minnesota in exchange for the No. 16 pick. This would mean that Memphis would have two picks, No. 12 and No. 16, while Minnesota would have four first rounders: No. 4, No. 23, No. 25 and No. 28.
Both of these teams could be making more moves, as well, both have been active in checking things out.
Oddly, all three picks involved in this trade were acquired in previous trades. Minnesota had the Bobcats pick at 16, while Memphis got No. 25 from the Nuggets and No. 28 from the Lakers as part of the Pau Gasol deal.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32