Jun 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Memphis has talked about trying to move up in the draft, they may have fond a way.
ESPN is reporting that Memphis is close to a deal to trade picks No. 25 and No. 28 to Minnesota in exchange for the No. 16 pick. This would mean that Memphis would have two picks, No. 12 and No. 16, while Minnesota would have four first rounders: No. 4, No. 23, No. 25 and No. 28.
Both of these teams could be making more moves, as well, both have been active in checking things out.
Oddly, all three picks involved in this trade were acquired in previous trades. Minnesota had the Bobcats pick at 16, while Memphis got No. 25 from the Nuggets and No. 28 from the Lakers as part of the Pau Gasol deal.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40