Jun 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Memphis has talked about trying to move up in the draft, they may have fond a way.
ESPN is reporting that Memphis is close to a deal to trade picks No. 25 and No. 28 to Minnesota in exchange for the No. 16 pick. This would mean that Memphis would have two picks, No. 12 and No. 16, while Minnesota would have four first rounders: No. 4, No. 23, No. 25 and No. 28.
Both of these teams could be making more moves, as well, both have been active in checking things out.
Oddly, all three picks involved in this trade were acquired in previous trades. Minnesota had the Bobcats pick at 16, while Memphis got No. 25 from the Nuggets and No. 28 from the Lakers as part of the Pau Gasol deal.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 6
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 5
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 13
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 10
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14