Jun 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Memphis has talked about trying to move up in the draft, they may have fond a way.
ESPN is reporting that Memphis is close to a deal to trade picks No. 25 and No. 28 to Minnesota in exchange for the No. 16 pick. This would mean that Memphis would have two picks, No. 12 and No. 16, while Minnesota would have four first rounders: No. 4, No. 23, No. 25 and No. 28.
Both of these teams could be making more moves, as well, both have been active in checking things out.
Oddly, all three picks involved in this trade were acquired in previous trades. Minnesota had the Bobcats pick at 16, while Memphis got No. 25 from the Nuggets and No. 28 from the Lakers as part of the Pau Gasol deal.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20