Jun 22, 2010, 2:33 PM EDT
Memphis has talked about trying to move up in the draft, they may have fond a way.
ESPN is reporting that Memphis is close to a deal to trade picks No. 25 and No. 28 to Minnesota in exchange for the No. 16 pick. This would mean that Memphis would have two picks, No. 12 and No. 16, while Minnesota would have four first rounders: No. 4, No. 23, No. 25 and No. 28.
Both of these teams could be making more moves, as well, both have been active in checking things out.
Oddly, all three picks involved in this trade were acquired in previous trades. Minnesota had the Bobcats pick at 16, while Memphis got No. 25 from the Nuggets and No. 28 from the Lakers as part of the Pau Gasol deal.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20