Jun 22, 2010, 10:52 PM EDT
The disappointments just keep coming from Charlie Villanueva.
He was arrested and charged related to a May 19 incident in Burlington, Ontario, a Canadian city 65 miles from Buffalo, according to an Associated Press report.
His lawyer, Owen Wigderson, says Villanueva, “denies all allegations of wrongdoing and I’m very confident that he’ll be exonerated.”
Villanueva is due back in court July 9. No details of the incident of been released.
Villanueva is coming off a disappointing season for both him and the Pistons. He was brought in, along with Ben Gordon, as big free agent signings last summer but he averaged just under12 points and five rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. It was not an impressive season, not in line with the expectations in Detroit, although it was not terribly out of line with past performances.
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 0
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 6
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 9
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18