Jun 22, 2010, 10:52 PM EDT
The disappointments just keep coming from Charlie Villanueva.
He was arrested and charged related to a May 19 incident in Burlington, Ontario, a Canadian city 65 miles from Buffalo, according to an Associated Press report.
His lawyer, Owen Wigderson, says Villanueva, “denies all allegations of wrongdoing and I’m very confident that he’ll be exonerated.”
Villanueva is due back in court July 9. No details of the incident of been released.
Villanueva is coming off a disappointing season for both him and the Pistons. He was brought in, along with Ben Gordon, as big free agent signings last summer but he averaged just under12 points and five rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. It was not an impressive season, not in line with the expectations in Detroit, although it was not terribly out of line with past performances.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9