Jun 22, 2010, 10:52 PM EDT
The disappointments just keep coming from Charlie Villanueva.
He was arrested and charged related to a May 19 incident in Burlington, Ontario, a Canadian city 65 miles from Buffalo, according to an Associated Press report.
His lawyer, Owen Wigderson, says Villanueva, “denies all allegations of wrongdoing and I’m very confident that he’ll be exonerated.”
Villanueva is due back in court July 9. No details of the incident of been released.
Villanueva is coming off a disappointing season for both him and the Pistons. He was brought in, along with Ben Gordon, as big free agent signings last summer but he averaged just under12 points and five rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. It was not an impressive season, not in line with the expectations in Detroit, although it was not terribly out of line with past performances.
- Eastern Conference Finals preview: Pacers vs. Heat 3
- Clippers let go of Vinny Del Negro as coach 20
- Durant donates $1 million to Oklahoma City tornado disaster relief efforts 14
- Odds for the NBA Draft Lottery (that teams don’t care if they win) 11
- Jim Boeheim says Knicks problem is not Carmelo, it’s everyone else 9
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4