Jun 22, 2010, 10:52 PM EDT
The disappointments just keep coming from Charlie Villanueva.
He was arrested and charged related to a May 19 incident in Burlington, Ontario, a Canadian city 65 miles from Buffalo, according to an Associated Press report.
His lawyer, Owen Wigderson, says Villanueva, “denies all allegations of wrongdoing and I’m very confident that he’ll be exonerated.”
Villanueva is due back in court July 9. No details of the incident of been released.
Villanueva is coming off a disappointing season for both him and the Pistons. He was brought in, along with Ben Gordon, as big free agent signings last summer but he averaged just under12 points and five rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. It was not an impressive season, not in line with the expectations in Detroit, although it was not terribly out of line with past performances.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12