Jun 22, 2010, 10:52 PM EDT
The disappointments just keep coming from Charlie Villanueva.
He was arrested and charged related to a May 19 incident in Burlington, Ontario, a Canadian city 65 miles from Buffalo, according to an Associated Press report.
His lawyer, Owen Wigderson, says Villanueva, “denies all allegations of wrongdoing and I’m very confident that he’ll be exonerated.”
Villanueva is due back in court July 9. No details of the incident of been released.
Villanueva is coming off a disappointing season for both him and the Pistons. He was brought in, along with Ben Gordon, as big free agent signings last summer but he averaged just under12 points and five rebounds per game on 43 percent shooting. It was not an impressive season, not in line with the expectations in Detroit, although it was not terribly out of line with past performances.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36