Jun 22, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
Here’s the best part — we’re all going to know what Phil Jackson wants to do by the end of the week. Come back to the Lakers or stay on his ranch in Montana.
But nobody knows what he is going to do. Apparently not even his family, although they think he may be done, as his daughter Chelsea told Sports Illustrated (in a fantastic bit of sports writing by Lee Jenkins that you really should read, just to learn more about Jackson).
“I think this is it,” Chelsea says. “I think he’s done now.”
His family knows one side of him. His Lakers family knows another, and everyone there is of the impression that if the doctor gives the okay he will be back.
Phil Jackson is too complex to predict simply. He clearly has something in mind, he is making a quick decision this year not dragging it out. He missed the parade Monday to go to the doctor and have tests done.
We’ll all know soon what he is thinking. But anything beyond that is speculation.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 6
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10