Jun 22, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
That sound you hear is David Stern opening champagne bottles at NBA Headquarters.
Nielsen Co. reports that 28.2 million people watched the Lakers repeat as NBA champions in an ugly but entertaining Game 7. The last time that many people watched an NBA game Michael Jordan was pushing off Byron Russell to hit the game winner against the Jazz in 1998, ending that era of Phil Jackson titles.
And you wonder why the league wants those Lakers/Celtics matchups.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47