Jun 22, 2010, 3:17 PM EDT
That sound you hear is David Stern opening champagne bottles at NBA Headquarters.
Nielsen Co. reports that 28.2 million people watched the Lakers repeat as NBA champions in an ugly but entertaining Game 7. The last time that many people watched an NBA game Michael Jordan was pushing off Byron Russell to hit the game winner against the Jazz in 1998, ending that era of Phil Jackson titles.
And you wonder why the league wants those Lakers/Celtics matchups.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8