Jun 22, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
That sound you hear is David Stern opening champagne bottles at NBA Headquarters.
Nielsen Co. reports that 28.2 million people watched the Lakers repeat as NBA champions in an ugly but entertaining Game 7. The last time that many people watched an NBA game Michael Jordan was pushing off Byron Russell to hit the game winner against the Jazz in 1998, ending that era of Phil Jackson titles.
And you wonder why the league wants those Lakers/Celtics matchups.
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 9
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 43
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 21
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3