Jun 22, 2010, 1:36 PM EST
It’s official: Xavier Henry is a big deal. It’s still a bit of an unknown whether Henry will fit better as a 2 or 3 in the NBA, but his talent is undeniable. We’re not necessarily looking at a John Wall-esque off-the-charts prospect or one with DeMarcus Cousins’ considerable collegiate résumé, but Xavier has the look of a long-time NBAer even if he’s lacking in star power.
That’s going to end up suiting some team just fine, and if the NBA is correct in their projections for Henry’s draft spot, that team should be in the lottery. According to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, Henry has been invited to sit in the draft night green room, typically reserved for the most high-profile of prospects. It doesn’t guarantee that Xavier goes in the top ten, but it’s now virtually certain that Henry will be a lottery selection.
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 0
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 3
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 22
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 6
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10