Jun 22, 2010, 1:36 PM EDT
It’s official: Xavier Henry is a big deal. It’s still a bit of an unknown whether Henry will fit better as a 2 or 3 in the NBA, but his talent is undeniable. We’re not necessarily looking at a John Wall-esque off-the-charts prospect or one with DeMarcus Cousins’ considerable collegiate résumé, but Xavier has the look of a long-time NBAer even if he’s lacking in star power.
That’s going to end up suiting some team just fine, and if the NBA is correct in their projections for Henry’s draft spot, that team should be in the lottery. According to Jonathan Givony of Draft Express, Henry has been invited to sit in the draft night green room, typically reserved for the most high-profile of prospects. It doesn’t guarantee that Xavier goes in the top ten, but it’s now virtually certain that Henry will be a lottery selection.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 0
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 40
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 5
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10