Jun 22, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
Eddy Curry is now owed $11.2 million for next season — he picked up the player option. Like everyone sane knew he would, because where else is Curry going to make that money?
Of course, a few Knicks fans didn’t see that coming. Now twitter and sports talk radio airwaves are filled with Knicks fans with a plan — someone who wants to take on Curry’s contract. Brilliant draft-day trades that net the Knicks a good pick and/or a good player.
Not. Going. To. Happen.
Near the trade deadline you may be able to find a team that would take the salary dump. Right now, every team holds out some level of hope for next year. Nobody will take on $11 million contract of a guy who has been basically out a couple years with an injury and is not expected to give you anything this season. Not now. Not with hope in the air.
Curry said he would be open to a buyout, according to the Daily News. I would be open to being given a Lamborghini. About the same likelihood.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 16
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7