Jun 22, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
Eddy Curry is now owed $11.2 million for next season — he picked up the player option. Like everyone sane knew he would, because where else is Curry going to make that money?
Of course, a few Knicks fans didn’t see that coming. Now twitter and sports talk radio airwaves are filled with Knicks fans with a plan — someone who wants to take on Curry’s contract. Brilliant draft-day trades that net the Knicks a good pick and/or a good player.
Not. Going. To. Happen.
Near the trade deadline you may be able to find a team that would take the salary dump. Right now, every team holds out some level of hope for next year. Nobody will take on $11 million contract of a guy who has been basically out a couple years with an injury and is not expected to give you anything this season. Not now. Not with hope in the air.
Curry said he would be open to a buyout, according to the Daily News. I would be open to being given a Lamborghini. About the same likelihood.
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 2
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6