Jun 22, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
Eddy Curry is now owed $11.2 million for next season — he picked up the player option. Like everyone sane knew he would, because where else is Curry going to make that money?
Of course, a few Knicks fans didn’t see that coming. Now twitter and sports talk radio airwaves are filled with Knicks fans with a plan — someone who wants to take on Curry’s contract. Brilliant draft-day trades that net the Knicks a good pick and/or a good player.
Not. Going. To. Happen.
Near the trade deadline you may be able to find a team that would take the salary dump. Right now, every team holds out some level of hope for next year. Nobody will take on $11 million contract of a guy who has been basically out a couple years with an injury and is not expected to give you anything this season. Not now. Not with hope in the air.
Curry said he would be open to a buyout, according to the Daily News. I would be open to being given a Lamborghini. About the same likelihood.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 78
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32