Jun 22, 2010, 6:45 PM EDT
Eddy Curry is now owed $11.2 million for next season — he picked up the player option. Like everyone sane knew he would, because where else is Curry going to make that money?
Of course, a few Knicks fans didn’t see that coming. Now twitter and sports talk radio airwaves are filled with Knicks fans with a plan — someone who wants to take on Curry’s contract. Brilliant draft-day trades that net the Knicks a good pick and/or a good player.
Not. Going. To. Happen.
Near the trade deadline you may be able to find a team that would take the salary dump. Right now, every team holds out some level of hope for next year. Nobody will take on $11 million contract of a guy who has been basically out a couple years with an injury and is not expected to give you anything this season. Not now. Not with hope in the air.
Curry said he would be open to a buyout, according to the Daily News. I would be open to being given a Lamborghini. About the same likelihood.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15