Jun 21, 2010, 5:55 PM EDT
Kevin Pritchard is hanging out over the precipice, being dangled on a hook by his Blazers employer over what are widely rumored to be a perceived arrogance on his part. His job may or may not be in jeopardy, leaving doubt as to if he’ll even be the one pushing buttons on draft night on the NBA prospect vending machine.
But that’s not stopping him from staying aggressive. The Blazers swapped second round picks with the Golden State Warriors Monday, moving up ten spots in the 2nd from No.44 to No.34, while also sending the Warriors some cash they will inevitably spend poorly.
The move indicates there’s a borderline guy at the end of the 1st, top of the second that Pritchard is hoping to maneuver into place for. There’s no other reason to spend money on improving your second rounder if you don’t have a specific target in mind.
Pritchard may be out on the plank, but that doesn’t mean he’s not still bartering with the other merchants on shore.
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 1
- Game 6 was not Gregg Popovich’s best night 33
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 15
- ‘Devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize for Game 7 36
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (75)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'