Jun 21, 2010, 5:51 PM EST
After the Lakers won the NBA Championship, Laker fans decided to celebrate their favorite team’s accomplishment by having a spirited riot throughout the streets of Los Angeles. It was all fun and games, except it really wasn’t. The rioting Laker fans destroyed plenty of property, including the taxi cab of Abraham Teferi, which the mob “attacked and burned,” according to the Associated Press.
In an attempt to make up for some of the harm done to Teferi, AEG, the company that owns the Staples Center, plans to give him a check for $10,000. It’s nice that a big company has taken it upon itself to try and make things right, and it’s good news for Teferi. Still, I’d much rather have seen the people who actually destroyed Teferi’s taxi be forced to own up to what they did and pay for the damages themselves instead of force somebody else to clean up the mess they made.
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 15
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12
- Report: Lakers expect Kobe Bryant to miss rest of season 19
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld