Jun 21, 2010, 5:51 PM EDT
After the Lakers won the NBA Championship, Laker fans decided to celebrate their favorite team’s accomplishment by having a spirited riot throughout the streets of Los Angeles. It was all fun and games, except it really wasn’t. The rioting Laker fans destroyed plenty of property, including the taxi cab of Abraham Teferi, which the mob “attacked and burned,” according to the Associated Press.
In an attempt to make up for some of the harm done to Teferi, AEG, the company that owns the Staples Center, plans to give him a check for $10,000. It’s nice that a big company has taken it upon itself to try and make things right, and it’s good news for Teferi. Still, I’d much rather have seen the people who actually destroyed Teferi’s taxi be forced to own up to what they did and pay for the damages themselves instead of force somebody else to clean up the mess they made.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 0
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 28
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 11
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld