Jun 21, 2010, 5:51 PM EST
After the Lakers won the NBA Championship, Laker fans decided to celebrate their favorite team’s accomplishment by having a spirited riot throughout the streets of Los Angeles. It was all fun and games, except it really wasn’t. The rioting Laker fans destroyed plenty of property, including the taxi cab of Abraham Teferi, which the mob “attacked and burned,” according to the Associated Press.
In an attempt to make up for some of the harm done to Teferi, AEG, the company that owns the Staples Center, plans to give him a check for $10,000. It’s nice that a big company has taken it upon itself to try and make things right, and it’s good news for Teferi. Still, I’d much rather have seen the people who actually destroyed Teferi’s taxi be forced to own up to what they did and pay for the damages themselves instead of force somebody else to clean up the mess they made.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld