Jun 21, 2010, 5:51 PM EST
After the Lakers won the NBA Championship, Laker fans decided to celebrate their favorite team’s accomplishment by having a spirited riot throughout the streets of Los Angeles. It was all fun and games, except it really wasn’t. The rioting Laker fans destroyed plenty of property, including the taxi cab of Abraham Teferi, which the mob “attacked and burned,” according to the Associated Press.
In an attempt to make up for some of the harm done to Teferi, AEG, the company that owns the Staples Center, plans to give him a check for $10,000. It’s nice that a big company has taken it upon itself to try and make things right, and it’s good news for Teferi. Still, I’d much rather have seen the people who actually destroyed Teferi’s taxi be forced to own up to what they did and pay for the damages themselves instead of force somebody else to clean up the mess they made.
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 0
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 18
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 36
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld