Jun 21, 2010, 5:51 PM EDT
After the Lakers won the NBA Championship, Laker fans decided to celebrate their favorite team’s accomplishment by having a spirited riot throughout the streets of Los Angeles. It was all fun and games, except it really wasn’t. The rioting Laker fans destroyed plenty of property, including the taxi cab of Abraham Teferi, which the mob “attacked and burned,” according to the Associated Press.
In an attempt to make up for some of the harm done to Teferi, AEG, the company that owns the Staples Center, plans to give him a check for $10,000. It’s nice that a big company has taken it upon itself to try and make things right, and it’s good news for Teferi. Still, I’d much rather have seen the people who actually destroyed Teferi’s taxi be forced to own up to what they did and pay for the damages themselves instead of force somebody else to clean up the mess they made.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld