Jun 20, 2010, 4:00 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace has agreed to a multiyear deal with the team. The move represents the franchise’s trust in Wallace as they head into one of the most important off-seasons in team history: not only do the Grizzlies hold three first-round picks in this year’s draft, but star forward Rudy Gay is likely to become a free agent.
“It’s always good to get a contract,” Wallace said after a pre-draft workout Sunday. “My family and I are very happy here in Memphis. We love this city, love to be here a long time running. And the team made real strides last year.”
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 14