Jun 19, 2010, 3:55 PM EST
The Sixers posted a pretty interesting graphic on their website to entics season ticket buyers, and the internet a’sploded with something we kind of already knew: the team with the No. 2 pick in the draft seems set to select (gasp) the seemingly clear-cut second best prospect in the bunch. This is all very shocking, I know, so try to contain your excitement.
That said, if the Sixers already have their minds made up, they don’t seem to mind keeping up appearances and going through the typical pre-draft motions. According to the Associated Press, the Sixers worked out highly touted prospects Derrick Favors and DeMarcus Cousins on Friday.
Perhaps just as importantly, general manager Ed Stefanski left open the door for more roster moves before Thursday’s draft, even after Philly sent Samuel Dalembert to Sacramento for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes:
Stefanski did not rule out the possibility of making another move before or during the draft. “We are going to keep looking to see if we can tweak this even more,” Stefanski said. He
wouldn’t say if trading down in the draft was a “tweak” he was
considering, but both Favors and Cousins believe they are in play to be
the Sixers’ selection at No. 2.
“I think I do [have a shot],” Favors said. “But if I don’t, whatever team I get picked by, I’m going to go in and work hard.” Cousins also said he thinks he could be a good fit for Philadelphia. “They need a big man,” said Cousins. “When I saw [the Dalembert] trade, that really opened my eyes.”
Turner should still be considered the favorite to be selected at No. 2, but don’t let a fair bit of Photoshopping remove Favors and Cousins as possibilities. Both are still in play, and with Dalembert out of the picture, the Sixers could definitely add another big.
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 11
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 19