Jun 19, 2010, 3:55 PM EDT
The Sixers posted a pretty interesting graphic on their website to entics season ticket buyers, and the internet a’sploded with something we kind of already knew: the team with the No. 2 pick in the draft seems set to select (gasp) the seemingly clear-cut second best prospect in the bunch. This is all very shocking, I know, so try to contain your excitement.
That said, if the Sixers already have their minds made up, they don’t seem to mind keeping up appearances and going through the typical pre-draft motions. According to the Associated Press, the Sixers worked out highly touted prospects Derrick Favors and DeMarcus Cousins on Friday.
Perhaps just as importantly, general manager Ed Stefanski left open the door for more roster moves before Thursday’s draft, even after Philly sent Samuel Dalembert to Sacramento for Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes:
Stefanski did not rule out the possibility of making another move before or during the draft. “We are going to keep looking to see if we can tweak this even more,” Stefanski said. He
wouldn’t say if trading down in the draft was a “tweak” he was
considering, but both Favors and Cousins believe they are in play to be
the Sixers’ selection at No. 2.
“I think I do [have a shot],” Favors said. “But if I don’t, whatever team I get picked by, I’m going to go in and work hard.” Cousins also said he thinks he could be a good fit for Philadelphia. “They need a big man,” said Cousins. “When I saw [the Dalembert] trade, that really opened my eyes.”
Turner should still be considered the favorite to be selected at No. 2, but don’t let a fair bit of Photoshopping remove Favors and Cousins as possibilities. Both are still in play, and with Dalembert out of the picture, the Sixers could definitely add another big.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte