Jun 19, 2010, 4:41 PM EST
It wasn’t much, but this year’s NBA season had its “Dewey defeats Truman” moment. As the Los Angeles affiliate of CBS pointed out recently, JC Penny ran an ad in the Los Angeles Times that featured lots of Laker championship merchandise — T-shirts, hats, et cetera.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 0
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 31
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31