Jun 19, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
After Ron Artest helped the Lakers win the NBA Championship and thanked his therapist, he made sure to tell ESPN’s Doris Burke that his new single, “Champion,” was about to be released.
Well, he wasn’t kidding. Neon Tommy, a blog affiliated with USC’s Annenberg School of Communication, has Artest’s single in its entirety. I don’t think Queen fans have to worry about “We Are The Champions” getting replaced, and it’s a less interesting/humanitarian/insane project than Artest’s “Afghan Women” R & B music video was, but “Champion” has its own charms. (Note: the “Afghan Women” music video was made private, and it’s all but impossible to find now, but I saw it once, and can vouch for its existence.)
So click the link and take a listen to “Champion.” If not, be comfortable in the knowledge that Artest won’t be giving up his day job any time soon.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 0
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)