Jun 18, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
Tales of Ron Artest’s zany exploits are hardly new to the NBA scene, but it seems that now that he’s a certified NBA champion, they’ll spiral brilliantly out of control. In the best possible way, of course.
After a relatively quiet season for all things Ron, Artest busted out everything that makes him so endearing in full force for this year’s playoffs. The Legend of Ron has gone to Queensbridge and back, and with the Finals wrapped, TMZ has one more anecdote to add to your Artest library:
After having the game of his life — and winning the NBA Championship — Los Angeles Lakers hero Ron Artest wasn’t in the mood to celebrate with Mickey Mouse last night .. telling us, “I’d rather go to Compton.”
If you missed the game last night, Ron played so well, that Phil Jackson called him the MVP of the night … and after the game, Ron was so excited — DUDE WORE HIS ENTIRE UNIFORM OUT TO DINNER with his family!
Somehow I’m not shocked in the slighest, just delighted that Artest is quickly becoming a tall tale. 25 years from now, we’ll recall that Ron was really ten feet tall with arms the size of tree trunks, one of L.A.’s premier cupcake chefs, and moonlighted in drag as the prima donna of the L.A. Opera. I remember it like it was yesterday.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 27
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 50
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 69
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 35
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8