Jun 18, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
Tales of Ron Artest’s zany exploits are hardly new to the NBA scene, but it seems that now that he’s a certified NBA champion, they’ll spiral brilliantly out of control. In the best possible way, of course.
After a relatively quiet season for all things Ron, Artest busted out everything that makes him so endearing in full force for this year’s playoffs. The Legend of Ron has gone to Queensbridge and back, and with the Finals wrapped, TMZ has one more anecdote to add to your Artest library:
After having the game of his life — and winning the NBA Championship — Los Angeles Lakers hero Ron Artest wasn’t in the mood to celebrate with Mickey Mouse last night .. telling us, “I’d rather go to Compton.”
If you missed the game last night, Ron played so well, that Phil Jackson called him the MVP of the night … and after the game, Ron was so excited — DUDE WORE HIS ENTIRE UNIFORM OUT TO DINNER with his family!
Somehow I’m not shocked in the slighest, just delighted that Artest is quickly becoming a tall tale. 25 years from now, we’ll recall that Ron was really ten feet tall with arms the size of tree trunks, one of L.A.’s premier cupcake chefs, and moonlighted in drag as the prima donna of the L.A. Opera. I remember it like it was yesterday.
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 2
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 76
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 19
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 45
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (78)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay