Jun 18, 2010, 12:35 PM EST
Tales of Ron Artest’s zany exploits are hardly new to the NBA scene, but it seems that now that he’s a certified NBA champion, they’ll spiral brilliantly out of control. In the best possible way, of course.
After a relatively quiet season for all things Ron, Artest busted out everything that makes him so endearing in full force for this year’s playoffs. The Legend of Ron has gone to Queensbridge and back, and with the Finals wrapped, TMZ has one more anecdote to add to your Artest library:
After having the game of his life — and winning the NBA Championship — Los Angeles Lakers hero Ron Artest wasn’t in the mood to celebrate with Mickey Mouse last night .. telling us, “I’d rather go to Compton.”
If you missed the game last night, Ron played so well, that Phil Jackson called him the MVP of the night … and after the game, Ron was so excited — DUDE WORE HIS ENTIRE UNIFORM OUT TO DINNER with his family!
Somehow I’m not shocked in the slighest, just delighted that Artest is quickly becoming a tall tale. 25 years from now, we’ll recall that Ron was really ten feet tall with arms the size of tree trunks, one of L.A.’s premier cupcake chefs, and moonlighted in drag as the prima donna of the L.A. Opera. I remember it like it was yesterday.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 4
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 35
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22