Jun 18, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
Tales of Ron Artest’s zany exploits are hardly new to the NBA scene, but it seems that now that he’s a certified NBA champion, they’ll spiral brilliantly out of control. In the best possible way, of course.
After a relatively quiet season for all things Ron, Artest busted out everything that makes him so endearing in full force for this year’s playoffs. The Legend of Ron has gone to Queensbridge and back, and with the Finals wrapped, TMZ has one more anecdote to add to your Artest library:
After having the game of his life — and winning the NBA Championship — Los Angeles Lakers hero Ron Artest wasn’t in the mood to celebrate with Mickey Mouse last night .. telling us, “I’d rather go to Compton.”
If you missed the game last night, Ron played so well, that Phil Jackson called him the MVP of the night … and after the game, Ron was so excited — DUDE WORE HIS ENTIRE UNIFORM OUT TO DINNER with his family!
Somehow I’m not shocked in the slighest, just delighted that Artest is quickly becoming a tall tale. 25 years from now, we’ll recall that Ron was really ten feet tall with arms the size of tree trunks, one of L.A.’s premier cupcake chefs, and moonlighted in drag as the prima donna of the L.A. Opera. I remember it like it was yesterday.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 23
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 55
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3