Jun 18, 2010, 8:18 PM EDT
The Associated Press is reporting that Phil Jackson was congratulated on his 11th championship by a very satisfied NBA fan yesterday — President Barack Obama.
Obama, a longtime basketball fan, called Jackson from The White House on Friday, congratulating Jackson on the win and telling him that the series was worthy of the rivalry between the Lakers and the Celtics. Obama also told Jackson that he looked forward to congratulating the players in person at the White House.
To provide some perspective on just how long Jackson has been on top of the coaching heap, Obama was graduating from law school around the time Jackson won his first championship with Obama’s hometown Chicago Bulls.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 10
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 9
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 9
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 18
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld