Jun 18, 2010, 9:10 AM EDT
After the game, a relaxed Lakers assistant Brian Shaw was talking to reporters about what it is like to coach in an this but intense game like Game 7.
“You just want to stick with what you know and what you been preaching all year long. We kept on saying that we’re playing into their hands, because the ball wasn’t moving. And their defense is set up to stop a team’s first option. Not just a first option like Kobe (Bryant), but like if you come down and make like one pass and try to attack, they’re not going to let you beat them that way. And we were like just banging our heads against the wall offensively just trying to do that, trying to do that.
“And I think the team was shook, for lack of a better word, because they had never seen Kobe struggle like that in a game of this magnitude. Like I said, Kobe is the MVP of the series but tonight Ron Artest is the MVP of tonight’s game.
“And there was different stretches during the game where different players on the team saved us. Fish’s three, Ron’s defense… Kobe had to trust some other people to do things, and they came through.”
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 3
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 29
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 13
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 19
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games