Jun 18, 2010, 2:03 AM EDT
Someone, you’ve got to explain it to me.
Your team has just won its seventeenth title. You mock other teams’ passion, saying “Act like you’ve been there.” You rarely show up on time for home games, and chant for tacos. And you elect to react to your second consecutive championship by…
Flipping cars, throwing rocks at cops, and dragging people out of their cars and beating them?
Lakers fans, Ron Artest thinks you’re crazy.
KCAL in Los Angeles is reporting on the madness, and has footage from their helicopters which caught the riots in LA outside the Staples center and across the City of Angels after the Lakers won their latest title.
The reports indicate people are throwing bricks and rocks at the police, burning and flipping cars, and in some instances, attacking people, pulling them out of their vehicles and “kicking them repeatedly.” There are reports of looting at a McDonalds and a gas station. The LA Times reports that 9 people have been arrested outside of Staples and the number is rising.
Never underestimate the idiocy of people motivated by a Jack in the Box taco.
We’ll keep you updated on the fallout from LA loving LA.
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 1
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld