Jun 18, 2010, 2:03 AM EST
Someone, you’ve got to explain it to me.
Your team has just won its seventeenth title. You mock other teams’ passion, saying “Act like you’ve been there.” You rarely show up on time for home games, and chant for tacos. And you elect to react to your second consecutive championship by…
Flipping cars, throwing rocks at cops, and dragging people out of their cars and beating them?
Lakers fans, Ron Artest thinks you’re crazy.
KCAL in Los Angeles is reporting on the madness, and has footage from their helicopters which caught the riots in LA outside the Staples center and across the City of Angels after the Lakers won their latest title.
The reports indicate people are throwing bricks and rocks at the police, burning and flipping cars, and in some instances, attacking people, pulling them out of their vehicles and “kicking them repeatedly.” There are reports of looting at a McDonalds and a gas station. The LA Times reports that 9 people have been arrested outside of Staples and the number is rising.
Never underestimate the idiocy of people motivated by a Jack in the Box taco.
We’ll keep you updated on the fallout from LA loving LA.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 2
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 29
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (57)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)