Jun 18, 2010, 2:03 AM EDT
Someone, you’ve got to explain it to me.
Your team has just won its seventeenth title. You mock other teams’ passion, saying “Act like you’ve been there.” You rarely show up on time for home games, and chant for tacos. And you elect to react to your second consecutive championship by…
Flipping cars, throwing rocks at cops, and dragging people out of their cars and beating them?
Lakers fans, Ron Artest thinks you’re crazy.
KCAL in Los Angeles is reporting on the madness, and has footage from their helicopters which caught the riots in LA outside the Staples center and across the City of Angels after the Lakers won their latest title.
The reports indicate people are throwing bricks and rocks at the police, burning and flipping cars, and in some instances, attacking people, pulling them out of their vehicles and “kicking them repeatedly.” There are reports of looting at a McDonalds and a gas station. The LA Times reports that 9 people have been arrested outside of Staples and the number is rising.
Never underestimate the idiocy of people motivated by a Jack in the Box taco.
We’ll keep you updated on the fallout from LA loving LA.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 29
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 26
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld