Jun 17, 2010, 6:04 PM EDT
Much like the Utah Jazz’s new logo, the Warriors’ new logo will be a different take on a logo from the team’s past. There have been few constants for the Warrior franchise over the past few seasons, but one of them is that the Warriors have always had some of the best-loved throwback jerseys in basketball.
Golden State’s “The City” throwback jerseys, which the Warriors wore from 1966-71, were instant favorites and best-sellers when the Warriors began to wear them on their “Hardwood Classics” nights. The fact that the Warriors currently play in Oakland and the logo featured San Francisco’s Golden Gate bridge did little to damper fan enthusiasm for the jerseys.
The Warriors have now decided to go throwback on a full-time basis, and have updated the logo, which now features a span of Oakland’s Bay Bridge. I can definitely get behind the recent trend of teams making their logos cleaner and simpler when they do redesigns instead of constantly trying to make their logos more colorful and more complicated.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld