Jun 17, 2010, 6:04 PM EDT
Much like the Utah Jazz’s new logo, the Warriors’ new logo will be a different take on a logo from the team’s past. There have been few constants for the Warrior franchise over the past few seasons, but one of them is that the Warriors have always had some of the best-loved throwback jerseys in basketball.
Golden State’s “The City” throwback jerseys, which the Warriors wore from 1966-71, were instant favorites and best-sellers when the Warriors began to wear them on their “Hardwood Classics” nights. The fact that the Warriors currently play in Oakland and the logo featured San Francisco’s Golden Gate bridge did little to damper fan enthusiasm for the jerseys.
The Warriors have now decided to go throwback on a full-time basis, and have updated the logo, which now features a span of Oakland’s Bay Bridge. I can definitely get behind the recent trend of teams making their logos cleaner and simpler when they do redesigns instead of constantly trying to make their logos more colorful and more complicated.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld