Jun 17, 2010, 6:04 PM EDT
Much like the Utah Jazz’s new logo, the Warriors’ new logo will be a different take on a logo from the team’s past. There have been few constants for the Warrior franchise over the past few seasons, but one of them is that the Warriors have always had some of the best-loved throwback jerseys in basketball.
Golden State’s “The City” throwback jerseys, which the Warriors wore from 1966-71, were instant favorites and best-sellers when the Warriors began to wear them on their “Hardwood Classics” nights. The fact that the Warriors currently play in Oakland and the logo featured San Francisco’s Golden Gate bridge did little to damper fan enthusiasm for the jerseys.
The Warriors have now decided to go throwback on a full-time basis, and have updated the logo, which now features a span of Oakland’s Bay Bridge. I can definitely get behind the recent trend of teams making their logos cleaner and simpler when they do redesigns instead of constantly trying to make their logos more colorful and more complicated.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 3
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 9
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld