Jun 17, 2010, 6:04 PM EDT
Much like the Utah Jazz’s new logo, the Warriors’ new logo will be a different take on a logo from the team’s past. There have been few constants for the Warrior franchise over the past few seasons, but one of them is that the Warriors have always had some of the best-loved throwback jerseys in basketball.
Golden State’s “The City” throwback jerseys, which the Warriors wore from 1966-71, were instant favorites and best-sellers when the Warriors began to wear them on their “Hardwood Classics” nights. The fact that the Warriors currently play in Oakland and the logo featured San Francisco’s Golden Gate bridge did little to damper fan enthusiasm for the jerseys.
The Warriors have now decided to go throwback on a full-time basis, and have updated the logo, which now features a span of Oakland’s Bay Bridge. I can definitely get behind the recent trend of teams making their logos cleaner and simpler when they do redesigns instead of constantly trying to make their logos more colorful and more complicated.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 18
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 93
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld