Jun 17, 2010, 6:04 PM EST
Much like the Utah Jazz’s new logo, the Warriors’ new logo will be a different take on a logo from the team’s past. There have been few constants for the Warrior franchise over the past few seasons, but one of them is that the Warriors have always had some of the best-loved throwback jerseys in basketball.
Golden State’s “The City” throwback jerseys, which the Warriors wore from 1966-71, were instant favorites and best-sellers when the Warriors began to wear them on their “Hardwood Classics” nights. The fact that the Warriors currently play in Oakland and the logo featured San Francisco’s Golden Gate bridge did little to damper fan enthusiasm for the jerseys.
The Warriors have now decided to go throwback on a full-time basis, and have updated the logo, which now features a span of Oakland’s Bay Bridge. I can definitely get behind the recent trend of teams making their logos cleaner and simpler when they do redesigns instead of constantly trying to make their logos more colorful and more complicated.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 11
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld