Jun 17, 2010, 6:36 PM EDT
Vuvuzelas, the South African trumpet best known for making a constant, annoying buzzing sound during every game of this year’s World Cup, will officially not be permitted inside of Staples center for tonight’s game seven.
According to the folks at TMZ.com, a Staples Center rep has confirmed that all noisemakers (except, of course, for the ThunderSticks) will not be permitted to come into the stadium, meaning that free throws and general gameplay will be blissfully Vuvuzela-free. Whether you’re a fan of the Lakers or the Celtics, tonight’s game seven will be a win for everybody’s eardrums and general sanity.
- Memphis’ defense, discipline propel them past Thunder in overtime lead series 2-1 0
- Hawks take a 2-1 series lead over top-seeded Pacers 13
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 44
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 49
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 11
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld