Jun 17, 2010, 11:57 PM EDT
The Lakers had one more fourth quarter come back in them, outscoring Boston by 8 in the quarter to claim their second consecutive NBA title, 83-79.
Kobe Bryant had 23, but Ron Artest may have been the hero with 20 and he was the only efficient Laker shooter all night. Pau Gasol finished with 19 points and 18 boards, including 9 offensive glass.
A lot more analysis to come…..
- Kobe tweets he wants Howard and Gasol back with Lakers 6
- Why there’s a 100 percent chance the NBA lottery is fixed 6
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 2
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 1
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 30
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay