Jun 17, 2010, 7:03 PM EST
Earlier today, you read about how the writing is on the wall regarding Amar’e Stoudemire’s imminent departure from Phoenix. Amar’e wants a max contract, Phoenix wants to cut costs, and that’s not a good combination for Phoenix fans hoping to see Stoudemire stay.
According to the twitter freed of Fox Sports Radio host Chris Vernon, Sonny Vaccaro came onto Vernon’s show on Thursday and said that he is “convinced” Stoudemire will join the Miami Heat this off-season.
Vaccaro’s opinion on these types of matters is worth considering — a longtime high-powered marketing exec who signed Michael Jordan to his first shoe deal and one of the godfathers of grassroots basketball, Sonny Vaccaro was William Wesley long before William Wesley was.
Of course, Vaccaro may be using common sense as much as his inside information — Stoudemire is a Florida native, Miami has the space to keep Wade and give Amar’e a max deal, and are ready to give up on the underachieving Michael Beasley. Of all the possible free-agent moves this summer, Amar’e to Miami seems like one of the easiest to predict.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld