Jun 17, 2010, 7:03 PM EDT
Earlier today, you read about how the writing is on the wall regarding Amar’e Stoudemire’s imminent departure from Phoenix. Amar’e wants a max contract, Phoenix wants to cut costs, and that’s not a good combination for Phoenix fans hoping to see Stoudemire stay.
According to the twitter freed of Fox Sports Radio host Chris Vernon, Sonny Vaccaro came onto Vernon’s show on Thursday and said that he is “convinced” Stoudemire will join the Miami Heat this off-season.
Vaccaro’s opinion on these types of matters is worth considering — a longtime high-powered marketing exec who signed Michael Jordan to his first shoe deal and one of the godfathers of grassroots basketball, Sonny Vaccaro was William Wesley long before William Wesley was.
Of course, Vaccaro may be using common sense as much as his inside information — Stoudemire is a Florida native, Miami has the space to keep Wade and give Amar’e a max deal, and are ready to give up on the underachieving Michael Beasley. Of all the possible free-agent moves this summer, Amar’e to Miami seems like one of the easiest to predict.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld