Jun 17, 2010, 7:03 PM EST
Earlier today, you read about how the writing is on the wall regarding Amar’e Stoudemire’s imminent departure from Phoenix. Amar’e wants a max contract, Phoenix wants to cut costs, and that’s not a good combination for Phoenix fans hoping to see Stoudemire stay.
According to the twitter freed of Fox Sports Radio host Chris Vernon, Sonny Vaccaro came onto Vernon’s show on Thursday and said that he is “convinced” Stoudemire will join the Miami Heat this off-season.
Vaccaro’s opinion on these types of matters is worth considering — a longtime high-powered marketing exec who signed Michael Jordan to his first shoe deal and one of the godfathers of grassroots basketball, Sonny Vaccaro was William Wesley long before William Wesley was.
Of course, Vaccaro may be using common sense as much as his inside information — Stoudemire is a Florida native, Miami has the space to keep Wade and give Amar’e a max deal, and are ready to give up on the underachieving Michael Beasley. Of all the possible free-agent moves this summer, Amar’e to Miami seems like one of the easiest to predict.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld