Jun 17, 2010, 7:03 PM EDT
Earlier today, you read about how the writing is on the wall regarding Amar’e Stoudemire’s imminent departure from Phoenix. Amar’e wants a max contract, Phoenix wants to cut costs, and that’s not a good combination for Phoenix fans hoping to see Stoudemire stay.
According to the twitter freed of Fox Sports Radio host Chris Vernon, Sonny Vaccaro came onto Vernon’s show on Thursday and said that he is “convinced” Stoudemire will join the Miami Heat this off-season.
Vaccaro’s opinion on these types of matters is worth considering — a longtime high-powered marketing exec who signed Michael Jordan to his first shoe deal and one of the godfathers of grassroots basketball, Sonny Vaccaro was William Wesley long before William Wesley was.
Of course, Vaccaro may be using common sense as much as his inside information — Stoudemire is a Florida native, Miami has the space to keep Wade and give Amar’e a max deal, and are ready to give up on the underachieving Michael Beasley. Of all the possible free-agent moves this summer, Amar’e to Miami seems like one of the easiest to predict.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld