Jun 17, 2010, 1:46 AM EDT
Phil Jackson said before that he wanted to have a decision back to the Lakers in about a week after the end of the season.
Well, the season is gong to end Thursday night, one way or another.
Phil Jackson said he would have a decision before the draft, which takes place June 24. Exactly one week away. NBA.com’s Scott Howard Cooper has the quote.
“Hopefully I get the medical things done early next week and before the draft is up I have a decision,” he said after practice.
Jackson has said it’s about a 90% chance he is coaching with the Lakers if he is coaching next year. Everyone around him and close to him says he is physically feeling better. Jackson is a very competitive person who would find it hard to walk away from a championship team.
Basically, unless his doctor tells him he can’t, bet that Jackson will be back. There may be a pay cut, but it’s not about money anymore for Jackson. He does this because he likes it. Because he wants to do it. And Los Angeles is the place he wants to do it.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10