Jun 17, 2010, 1:46 AM EDT
Phil Jackson said before that he wanted to have a decision back to the Lakers in about a week after the end of the season.
Well, the season is gong to end Thursday night, one way or another.
Phil Jackson said he would have a decision before the draft, which takes place June 24. Exactly one week away. NBA.com’s Scott Howard Cooper has the quote.
“Hopefully I get the medical things done early next week and before the draft is up I have a decision,” he said after practice.
Jackson has said it’s about a 90% chance he is coaching with the Lakers if he is coaching next year. Everyone around him and close to him says he is physically feeling better. Jackson is a very competitive person who would find it hard to walk away from a championship team.
Basically, unless his doctor tells him he can’t, bet that Jackson will be back. There may be a pay cut, but it’s not about money anymore for Jackson. He does this because he likes it. Because he wants to do it. And Los Angeles is the place he wants to do it.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28