Jun 17, 2010, 1:46 AM EST
Phil Jackson said before that he wanted to have a decision back to the Lakers in about a week after the end of the season.
Well, the season is gong to end Thursday night, one way or another.
Phil Jackson said he would have a decision before the draft, which takes place June 24. Exactly one week away. NBA.com’s Scott Howard Cooper has the quote.
“Hopefully I get the medical things done early next week and before the draft is up I have a decision,” he said after practice.
Jackson has said it’s about a 90% chance he is coaching with the Lakers if he is coaching next year. Everyone around him and close to him says he is physically feeling better. Jackson is a very competitive person who would find it hard to walk away from a championship team.
Basically, unless his doctor tells him he can’t, bet that Jackson will be back. There may be a pay cut, but it’s not about money anymore for Jackson. He does this because he likes it. Because he wants to do it. And Los Angeles is the place he wants to do it.
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 9
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 8
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 8
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54