Jun 17, 2010, 1:46 AM EDT
Phil Jackson said before that he wanted to have a decision back to the Lakers in about a week after the end of the season.
Well, the season is gong to end Thursday night, one way or another.
Phil Jackson said he would have a decision before the draft, which takes place June 24. Exactly one week away. NBA.com’s Scott Howard Cooper has the quote.
“Hopefully I get the medical things done early next week and before the draft is up I have a decision,” he said after practice.
Jackson has said it’s about a 90% chance he is coaching with the Lakers if he is coaching next year. Everyone around him and close to him says he is physically feeling better. Jackson is a very competitive person who would find it hard to walk away from a championship team.
Basically, unless his doctor tells him he can’t, bet that Jackson will be back. There may be a pay cut, but it’s not about money anymore for Jackson. He does this because he likes it. Because he wants to do it. And Los Angeles is the place he wants to do it.
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 0
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29