Jun 17, 2010, 1:46 AM EDT
Phil Jackson said before that he wanted to have a decision back to the Lakers in about a week after the end of the season.
Well, the season is gong to end Thursday night, one way or another.
Phil Jackson said he would have a decision before the draft, which takes place June 24. Exactly one week away. NBA.com’s Scott Howard Cooper has the quote.
“Hopefully I get the medical things done early next week and before the draft is up I have a decision,” he said after practice.
Jackson has said it’s about a 90% chance he is coaching with the Lakers if he is coaching next year. Everyone around him and close to him says he is physically feeling better. Jackson is a very competitive person who would find it hard to walk away from a championship team.
Basically, unless his doctor tells him he can’t, bet that Jackson will be back. There may be a pay cut, but it’s not about money anymore for Jackson. He does this because he likes it. Because he wants to do it. And Los Angeles is the place he wants to do it.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31