Jun 17, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
When the Boston Celtics walked out on the Staples Center floor for their final practice of the year yesterday, Laker management had already started the mind games.
Up on the usually blank scoreboards over the court, the score read 89-67.
Just a little reminder, a little dig. As was noted in the Boston Globe, “Sounds like something Red Auerbach would have done in the old days.”
Good to see some of the old-school rivalry gamesmanship has not washed away in today’s corporate NBA.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48