Jun 17, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
When the Boston Celtics walked out on the Staples Center floor for their final practice of the year yesterday, Laker management had already started the mind games.
Up on the usually blank scoreboards over the court, the score read 89-67.
Just a little reminder, a little dig. As was noted in the Boston Globe, “Sounds like something Red Auerbach would have done in the old days.”
Good to see some of the old-school rivalry gamesmanship has not washed away in today’s corporate NBA.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15