Jun 17, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
When the Boston Celtics walked out on the Staples Center floor for their final practice of the year yesterday, Laker management had already started the mind games.
Up on the usually blank scoreboards over the court, the score read 89-67.
Just a little reminder, a little dig. As was noted in the Boston Globe, “Sounds like something Red Auerbach would have done in the old days.”
Good to see some of the old-school rivalry gamesmanship has not washed away in today’s corporate NBA.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24