Jun 17, 2010, 8:57 AM EDT
When the Boston Celtics walked out on the Staples Center floor for their final practice of the year yesterday, Laker management had already started the mind games.
Up on the usually blank scoreboards over the court, the score read 89-67.
Just a little reminder, a little dig. As was noted in the Boston Globe, “Sounds like something Red Auerbach would have done in the old days.”
Good to see some of the old-school rivalry gamesmanship has not washed away in today’s corporate NBA.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 7
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 36
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40