Jun 17, 2010, 12:23 PM EDT
Maybe the most famous Game 7 of them all, with Willis Reed draging his leg out on the court for a few minutes and a couple of buckets to inspire the Knicks to an NBA title. (Not often I get to type “Knicks” and “NBA title” in the same sentence.)
Fun things to notice include Wilt Chamberlain’s terrible free throw shooting form in warmups and seeing Walt Frazier in action. Oh, and remembering the days when every man in the crowd at the game was basically wearing a tie.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 20
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 17
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 16
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5