Jun 17, 2010, 4:47 PM EST
Chris Bosh is basketball professional, not a poker professional.
But right now he is a little of both. And there are a lot of chips in play.
There are a lot of free agent variables — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and whether or not he can lure a running mate to Miami, what Chicago has to offer, New York’s offer, the Nets offer.
Nobody knows how Bosh is going to play his had, except that he is likely leaving Toronto. There are rumors he wants to go where LeBron goes. Or go where Wade goes. Or be sent to the Lakers. Or be his own man. Nobody knows.
“To be honest, everybody is laying low. Nobody is expressing or talking in depth. It seems like it’s a poker game and nobody is folding and you can’t see their cards. It’s interesting. I mean it is funny that we’re all in the same boat, we were all on the national team, and we all won the gold medal together. I think that’s a funny aspect. So far there hasn’t been a whole lot of talk about it. I’ve seen some guys but they don’t say much. I kinda respect it because I get that question all the time and I don’t like thinking about every day. The last thing I want to do is bug him. There will be a time and place for it.”
That time and place is coming fast. We’re all about to see the flop and the bidding is about to go way up.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14