Jun 17, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
Chris Bosh is basketball professional, not a poker professional.
But right now he is a little of both. And there are a lot of chips in play.
There are a lot of free agent variables — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and whether or not he can lure a running mate to Miami, what Chicago has to offer, New York’s offer, the Nets offer.
Nobody knows how Bosh is going to play his had, except that he is likely leaving Toronto. There are rumors he wants to go where LeBron goes. Or go where Wade goes. Or be sent to the Lakers. Or be his own man. Nobody knows.
“To be honest, everybody is laying low. Nobody is expressing or talking in depth. It seems like it’s a poker game and nobody is folding and you can’t see their cards. It’s interesting. I mean it is funny that we’re all in the same boat, we were all on the national team, and we all won the gold medal together. I think that’s a funny aspect. So far there hasn’t been a whole lot of talk about it. I’ve seen some guys but they don’t say much. I kinda respect it because I get that question all the time and I don’t like thinking about every day. The last thing I want to do is bug him. There will be a time and place for it.”
That time and place is coming fast. We’re all about to see the flop and the bidding is about to go way up.
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 0
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 16
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 30