Jun 17, 2010, 10:42 AM EDT
After tonight, Byron Scott has nothing to do for a while. His duties as an analyst with ESPN will be done and he will have a lot more free time on his hands.
Enough time to squeeze in a second interview with the Cavaliers, according to Brian Windhorst at the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
But while Scott is the only public name and the only really high-profile name out there, the Cavaliers are not going to move quickly to offer the job. Reports that they — and by “they” we mean Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert — really wanted a coach in place by July 1 appear to have evaporated. The eggs were almost all in the Izzo basket. Now they need to get a few more eggs.
Having a coach in place by July 1 is not as important as having the right coach in place. Of course, who the right coach is becomes the problem. And what coaches Cleveland can get if LeBron decides to go elsewhere and that vacancy is still open is another question entirely.
Ahh, good times in Cleveland. Good times.
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 2
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 30
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 24
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 8
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 50
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (80)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay