Jun 16, 2010, 12:22 PM EDT
Who is going to be the man, the general manager trying to find the other key piece for a team with Steve Nash, an aging Grant Hill and a nice bench? (Yes, we left Amare Stoudemire’s name out intentionally. We see the writing on the wall.)
A couple names have surfaced as possible replacements for Steve Kerr in Phoenix, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic.
First is Dennis Lindsey, another guy out of the San Antonio system and moldl. He was an assistant general manager for the Spurs. He made it deep into the interview process in Minnesota before withdrawing last year.
Often in these cases the number two man in the current front office is considered, and David Griffin will get a look. He’s been with the Suns for 18 years. But he also has a contract expiring at the end of June and may be looking for work elsewhere soon.
Coro also said that Kerr was offered the chance to re-sign the exact same three-year deal he just completed, which would mean about a 10 percent pay cut the first year. That combined with family issues and the TNT opportunity led to Kerr’s decision.
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 17
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 8
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 14
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 6
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants