Jun 16, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Evidently serious issues like murder, drug trafficking and grand theft are not big problems in Miami-Dade County — you get that when Horatio Caine is taking off those sunglasses.
That frees up the Miami-Dade County Commissioners to have time to do other important work — like unanimously voting for the area to be known as “Miami-Wade County” for one week. From July 1 to 7. Not so coincidentally, that is when the free agency period begins and Dwyane Wade could bolt town.
He’s not. He’s trying to help get people there to join him. But whatever. This makes politicians feel good. Some people get to fill out some official paperwork and keep their jobs. Nobody gets hurt.
Is the free agency period over yet? No? What do you mean it hasn’t even started yet?
I seriously don’t know if I can take three more weeks of this.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13