Jun 16, 2010, 2:02 PM EST
Evidently serious issues like murder, drug trafficking and grand theft are not big problems in Miami-Dade County — you get that when Horatio Caine is taking off those sunglasses.
That frees up the Miami-Dade County Commissioners to have time to do other important work — like unanimously voting for the area to be known as “Miami-Wade County” for one week. From July 1 to 7. Not so coincidentally, that is when the free agency period begins and Dwyane Wade could bolt town.
He’s not. He’s trying to help get people there to join him. But whatever. This makes politicians feel good. Some people get to fill out some official paperwork and keep their jobs. Nobody gets hurt.
Is the free agency period over yet? No? What do you mean it hasn’t even started yet?
I seriously don’t know if I can take three more weeks of this.
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)