Jun 16, 2010, 2:02 PM EST
Evidently serious issues like murder, drug trafficking and grand theft are not big problems in Miami-Dade County — you get that when Horatio Caine is taking off those sunglasses.
That frees up the Miami-Dade County Commissioners to have time to do other important work — like unanimously voting for the area to be known as “Miami-Wade County” for one week. From July 1 to 7. Not so coincidentally, that is when the free agency period begins and Dwyane Wade could bolt town.
He’s not. He’s trying to help get people there to join him. But whatever. This makes politicians feel good. Some people get to fill out some official paperwork and keep their jobs. Nobody gets hurt.
Is the free agency period over yet? No? What do you mean it hasn’t even started yet?
I seriously don’t know if I can take three more weeks of this.
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 0
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 4
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 37
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 54
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18