Jun 16, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT
Evidently serious issues like murder, drug trafficking and grand theft are not big problems in Miami-Dade County — you get that when Horatio Caine is taking off those sunglasses.
That frees up the Miami-Dade County Commissioners to have time to do other important work — like unanimously voting for the area to be known as “Miami-Wade County” for one week. From July 1 to 7. Not so coincidentally, that is when the free agency period begins and Dwyane Wade could bolt town.
He’s not. He’s trying to help get people there to join him. But whatever. This makes politicians feel good. Some people get to fill out some official paperwork and keep their jobs. Nobody gets hurt.
Is the free agency period over yet? No? What do you mean it hasn’t even started yet?
I seriously don’t know if I can take three more weeks of this.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 27
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18