Jun 16, 2010, 6:40 PM EST
Tony Parker is not playing for France in the FIBA World Championships this summer. He is staying in, chilling with his wife, getting healthy, and working out like mad.
Why? Because it’s now or never for the Spurs and he wants to be ready, Parker told Lang Whitaker of SLAM.
Hopefully we’ll make some tweaks (to the roster) and get better and try to improve our team, because I think next year, realistically, is our last chance to try and make a run at a championship. Timmy’s getting older and he’s the anchor of our team, so I think realistically it’s our last chance with our core, with our team.
Tiago Splitter could be a tweak that would help. A lot. But another tweak that gets mentioned is possibly trading Tony Parker to get another big man (and letting George Hill run the show). Parker is not a fan of that.
Me, hopefully I’ll be in San Antonio next year and then we’ll see what happens.
So to sum up, Parker is going to take the summer off to hang out with his wife Eva Longoria-Parker all summer. And work out. So he can go back to a championship-caliber NBA team next season.
Not a bad life.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 13
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 9
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (40)