Jun 16, 2010, 11:01 PM EST
America loves it some Lakers and Celtics.
Of course, America also loves Dancing With The Stars and McDonald’s, so maybe we shouldn’t really trust the collective tastes of our nation. Still, these finals have been well watched.
As we have been telling you throughout the finals, television ratings are up. According to ABC, the Lakers/Celtics games have averaged 16.1 million viewers and a 9.6 rating — the highest ratings since 2004. You remember, back when team basketball trumped the Lakers stars.
Finals’ viewership is up 13 percent compared to last year. So apparently you don’t love Orlando that much. Or you love Ron Artest a whole lot… okay, probably not that. We’ll go with you like traditional matchups.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6