Jun 16, 2010, 11:01 PM EDT
America loves it some Lakers and Celtics.
Of course, America also loves Dancing With The Stars and McDonald’s, so maybe we shouldn’t really trust the collective tastes of our nation. Still, these finals have been well watched.
As we have been telling you throughout the finals, television ratings are up. According to ABC, the Lakers/Celtics games have averaged 16.1 million viewers and a 9.6 rating — the highest ratings since 2004. You remember, back when team basketball trumped the Lakers stars.
Finals’ viewership is up 13 percent compared to last year. So apparently you don’t love Orlando that much. Or you love Ron Artest a whole lot… okay, probably not that. We’ll go with you like traditional matchups.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3