Jun 15, 2010, 9:17 AM EST
We told you yesterday that the Denver Nuggets were looking for a top 10 pick and they were dangling Ty Lawson as the bait.
The Indiana Pacers are nibbling, according to Mike Wells at the Indianapolis Star.
The Pacers are interested in Lawson, according to a source. The Pacers are willing to give up their pick – No. 10 – in next week’s draft to get player that will help them immediately.
This makes a ton of sense for Indiana — they want to play an up-tempo style but T.J. Ford is not the man to run it. The Pacers looked lost, confused and generally sloppy in transition. Lawson proved — both in college at North Carolina and as a rookie in Denver — to be at his best in the open court. Lawson could step in as a starter and instantly make the Pacers better.
But does this make a lot of sense for Denver? According to our NBCSports mock draft, the big men left on the board at 10 are Baylor’s Epke Udoh, Marshal’s Hassan Whiteside, Kentucky’s Patrick Patterson and VCU’s Larry Sanders. Another guy who could be there is Cole Aldrich of Kansas. A group of potential role players and projects.
None of those guys strike me as worth Ty Lawson, who is a pretty valuable chip to have. We’ll see how desperate Denver is to add that big man through the draft.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8