Jun 15, 2010, 9:17 AM EST
We told you yesterday that the Denver Nuggets were looking for a top 10 pick and they were dangling Ty Lawson as the bait.
The Indiana Pacers are nibbling, according to Mike Wells at the Indianapolis Star.
The Pacers are interested in Lawson, according to a source. The Pacers are willing to give up their pick – No. 10 – in next week’s draft to get player that will help them immediately.
This makes a ton of sense for Indiana — they want to play an up-tempo style but T.J. Ford is not the man to run it. The Pacers looked lost, confused and generally sloppy in transition. Lawson proved — both in college at North Carolina and as a rookie in Denver — to be at his best in the open court. Lawson could step in as a starter and instantly make the Pacers better.
But does this make a lot of sense for Denver? According to our NBCSports mock draft, the big men left on the board at 10 are Baylor’s Epke Udoh, Marshal’s Hassan Whiteside, Kentucky’s Patrick Patterson and VCU’s Larry Sanders. Another guy who could be there is Cole Aldrich of Kansas. A group of potential role players and projects.
None of those guys strike me as worth Ty Lawson, who is a pretty valuable chip to have. We’ll see how desperate Denver is to add that big man through the draft.
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 5
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 5
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 13
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 35
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 2
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (68)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)