Jun 15, 2010, 8:22 PM EST
A few notes from inside Staples Center to tide you over until game time — and our live chat. Which you are coming back for, right? Right?!?
* Phil Jackson said to expect some action with Kobe moving off the ball to get free, and less pick-and-roll action. That is smart.
* He also said he expects his bench to step up at home. That may not be smart. Which is why he also said they are on a short leash and he will go to the starters if he has to.
* Doc said his first point of emphasis with the team was not to give up as many offensive rebounds (16) as they did last game. They got away with it at home, they will not on the road, he said.
* Rivers also said they have to cut back on the turnovers, that the Lakers are more likely to do something with those at home.
* Jackson said the Lakers defense needed to move the Celtics off their comfort spots on the floor. Basically, they let Boston get the shots it wanted.
* Both coaches said they feel good about their teams tonight. In three hours, only one will feel that way, I’m sure.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12