Jun 15, 2010, 8:22 PM EDT
A few notes from inside Staples Center to tide you over until game time — and our live chat. Which you are coming back for, right? Right?!?
* Phil Jackson said to expect some action with Kobe moving off the ball to get free, and less pick-and-roll action. That is smart.
* He also said he expects his bench to step up at home. That may not be smart. Which is why he also said they are on a short leash and he will go to the starters if he has to.
* Doc said his first point of emphasis with the team was not to give up as many offensive rebounds (16) as they did last game. They got away with it at home, they will not on the road, he said.
* Rivers also said they have to cut back on the turnovers, that the Lakers are more likely to do something with those at home.
* Jackson said the Lakers defense needed to move the Celtics off their comfort spots on the floor. Basically, they let Boston get the shots it wanted.
* Both coaches said they feel good about their teams tonight. In three hours, only one will feel that way, I’m sure.
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 13
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9