Jun 15, 2010, 8:49 AM EDT
This time, there may actually be a reason for Lamar Odom’s quiet night.
Odom started feeling sick with flu-like symptoms on Saturday and did not feel better during his 8-point performance in Game 5 Sunday. He hoped to be felling better for Game 6, he told Lisa Dillman at the Los Angeles Times.
“I haven’t been sick all season … now I’m sick in the Finals,” said Odom after the Lakers’ 92-86 loss to the Celtics here in Game 5. “Had to put my hard hat on just to get out of bed. It was tough.
“I’m not feeling good, but I’m not making any excuses. I’ve just got to be ready to play.”
Odom has played better than any of the other Lakers bench players. Which is about like saying you’re the best of the Pittsburgh Pirates starting pitchers — it doesn’t mean you’ve been any good.
If the Lakers are going to force a Game 7, they will need a healthy Lamar Odom. Both his body and his game.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16