Jun 15, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
What’s not to love about Memphis? Fantastic barbecue. Up-and-coming team with good talent. Elvis. Three picks in the first round to get better. Good coach. Did we mention the barbecue?
But draft prospects are not that into them. And they are not getting those prospects to come in to workouts, according to the Commercial Appeal.
Fresno State’s Paul George has done it. Kentucky guard Eric Bledsoe, Baylor’s forward Ekpe Udoh and Memphis’ own Elliot Williams all won’t come work out. Butler’s Gordon Hayward didn’t show up and gave indications he does not want to play in Memphis.
“Its par for the pre-draft course,” general manager Chris Wallace said. “That’s why you go out and watch the games during the season. There are times when the agent and the player would prefer to be in one place over another. But if we want them we’ll pick them, and we tell them that.”
The Grizzlies have three first round picks, somebody is going to have to play there.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20