Jun 15, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
What’s not to love about Memphis? Fantastic barbecue. Up-and-coming team with good talent. Elvis. Three picks in the first round to get better. Good coach. Did we mention the barbecue?
But draft prospects are not that into them. And they are not getting those prospects to come in to workouts, according to the Commercial Appeal.
Fresno State’s Paul George has done it. Kentucky guard Eric Bledsoe, Baylor’s forward Ekpe Udoh and Memphis’ own Elliot Williams all won’t come work out. Butler’s Gordon Hayward didn’t show up and gave indications he does not want to play in Memphis.
“Its par for the pre-draft course,” general manager Chris Wallace said. “That’s why you go out and watch the games during the season. There are times when the agent and the player would prefer to be in one place over another. But if we want them we’ll pick them, and we tell them that.”
The Grizzlies have three first round picks, somebody is going to have to play there.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 6
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6