Jun 15, 2010, 11:05 AM EST
What’s not to love about Memphis? Fantastic barbecue. Up-and-coming team with good talent. Elvis. Three picks in the first round to get better. Good coach. Did we mention the barbecue?
But draft prospects are not that into them. And they are not getting those prospects to come in to workouts, according to the Commercial Appeal.
Fresno State’s Paul George has done it. Kentucky guard Eric Bledsoe, Baylor’s forward Ekpe Udoh and Memphis’ own Elliot Williams all won’t come work out. Butler’s Gordon Hayward didn’t show up and gave indications he does not want to play in Memphis.
“Its par for the pre-draft course,” general manager Chris Wallace said. “That’s why you go out and watch the games during the season. There are times when the agent and the player would prefer to be in one place over another. But if we want them we’ll pick them, and we tell them that.”
The Grizzlies have three first round picks, somebody is going to have to play there.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 2
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 10
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 10
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18