Jun 15, 2010, 11:05 AM EDT
What’s not to love about Memphis? Fantastic barbecue. Up-and-coming team with good talent. Elvis. Three picks in the first round to get better. Good coach. Did we mention the barbecue?
But draft prospects are not that into them. And they are not getting those prospects to come in to workouts, according to the Commercial Appeal.
Fresno State’s Paul George has done it. Kentucky guard Eric Bledsoe, Baylor’s forward Ekpe Udoh and Memphis’ own Elliot Williams all won’t come work out. Butler’s Gordon Hayward didn’t show up and gave indications he does not want to play in Memphis.
“Its par for the pre-draft course,” general manager Chris Wallace said. “That’s why you go out and watch the games during the season. There are times when the agent and the player would prefer to be in one place over another. But if we want them we’ll pick them, and we tell them that.”
The Grizzlies have three first round picks, somebody is going to have to play there.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 12
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 35
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43