Jun 15, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
One of the saddest storylines of this year’s playoffs was George Karl being forced to miss the Nuggets’ first-round playoff series because of a bout with throat and neck cancer. The Nuggets lost the series in Karl’s absence, and many feared that we had seen the last of Karl as an NBA head coach.
Fortunately, there does appear to be some good news on the George Karl front. Karl’s son Coby, a guard with the Nuggets, told NBA.com that he believes his father will be back on the bench at the beginning of next season.
According to the article, Karl said his father has “lost a lot of weight and still struggles to eat,” but his condition has greatly improved. Karl’s energy level isn’t at 100%, but that hasn’t stopped him from dropping by the office from time to time or watching as much of the NBA Playoffs as he can.
Hopefully Karl will return to coaching someday, but the best news of the moment is that Karl appears to be on the road to recovery from his struggle with cancer.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 1
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld