Jun 15, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
One of the saddest storylines of this year’s playoffs was George Karl being forced to miss the Nuggets’ first-round playoff series because of a bout with throat and neck cancer. The Nuggets lost the series in Karl’s absence, and many feared that we had seen the last of Karl as an NBA head coach.
Fortunately, there does appear to be some good news on the George Karl front. Karl’s son Coby, a guard with the Nuggets, told NBA.com that he believes his father will be back on the bench at the beginning of next season.
According to the article, Karl said his father has “lost a lot of weight and still struggles to eat,” but his condition has greatly improved. Karl’s energy level isn’t at 100%, but that hasn’t stopped him from dropping by the office from time to time or watching as much of the NBA Playoffs as he can.
Hopefully Karl will return to coaching someday, but the best news of the moment is that Karl appears to be on the road to recovery from his struggle with cancer.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld