Jun 15, 2010, 2:47 PM EDT
One of the saddest storylines of this year’s playoffs was George Karl being forced to miss the Nuggets’ first-round playoff series because of a bout with throat and neck cancer. The Nuggets lost the series in Karl’s absence, and many feared that we had seen the last of Karl as an NBA head coach.
Fortunately, there does appear to be some good news on the George Karl front. Karl’s son Coby, a guard with the Nuggets, told NBA.com that he believes his father will be back on the bench at the beginning of next season.
According to the article, Karl said his father has “lost a lot of weight and still struggles to eat,” but his condition has greatly improved. Karl’s energy level isn’t at 100%, but that hasn’t stopped him from dropping by the office from time to time or watching as much of the NBA Playoffs as he can.
Hopefully Karl will return to coaching someday, but the best news of the moment is that Karl appears to be on the road to recovery from his struggle with cancer.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 6
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 33
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NBA Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld