Jun 15, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
LeBron James has avoided being involved in any coaching decisions like they are the plague.
That will not deter the Clippers, who have put their coaching search on hold while they focus on pursuing James and other free agents, according to a note in the Milwaukee Journal Times.
“Put their coaching search on hold” is code for “a top free agent can choose his coach.” The Clippers deny this, but assuming the Clippers can walk and chew gum at the same time they should be able to conduct a coaching search and lure free agents at the same time.
It will be interesting to see what direction the Clippers go when they do get a coach. Do they go with a top assistant, like the Bucks Kelvin Sampson or the Mavericks’ Dwane Casey. Or, do they bring in a former NBA head coach like Byron Scott or Lawrence Frank.
It also will be interesting to see who ends up making the decision for the Clippers. There are just all sorts of questions there.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 9
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4