Jun 15, 2010, 9:55 AM EDT
LeBron James has avoided being involved in any coaching decisions like they are the plague.
That will not deter the Clippers, who have put their coaching search on hold while they focus on pursuing James and other free agents, according to a note in the Milwaukee Journal Times.
“Put their coaching search on hold” is code for “a top free agent can choose his coach.” The Clippers deny this, but assuming the Clippers can walk and chew gum at the same time they should be able to conduct a coaching search and lure free agents at the same time.
It will be interesting to see what direction the Clippers go when they do get a coach. Do they go with a top assistant, like the Bucks Kelvin Sampson or the Mavericks’ Dwane Casey. Or, do they bring in a former NBA head coach like Byron Scott or Lawrence Frank.
It also will be interesting to see who ends up making the decision for the Clippers. There are just all sorts of questions there.
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 2
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 76
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 19
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 45
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay