Jun 15, 2010, 2:26 PM EDT
Fired ex-coaches stick together.
Apparently. Because according to ESPN.com’s Marc Stein, new Net’s head man Avery Johnson is interviewing former Raptors head coach Sam Mitchell for an assistant’s job. Always a smart thing to have a former Coach of the Year on the sidelines.
And it’s good to see Mitchell get another chance.
Other assistant coach names being bandied about are Joe Prunty and Popeye Jones.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20