Jun 15, 2010, 8:21 AM EDT
Like sands through the hourglass, so go the days of watching Tom Izzo decide….
Or not decide as the case may be.
There is no decision from Camp Izzo. Literally. Yesterday 16 credentialed media showed up to Tom Izzo’s youth basketball camp but the coach did not speak to them. He did speak to his campers however.
So one of them asked the question — where you going to coach next year? Izzo called it “bad question” and moved on.
And so we wait.
According to Brian Windhorst, we wait because Izzo wanted to talk to LeBron James himself to get a feel for his plans. And LeBron his having none of that, he is not remotely getting involved in anybody’s coaching search, and he is not talking to Izzo. By the way, it appears the leak that LeBron is “100 percent” supportive of the Izzo hiring came out of Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert’s camp, so take it with some salt.
Izzo remains stuck. Does he take the doubling of pay to coach Cleveland, walk away from the empire he has built at Michigan State, and hope that LeBron James shows up? Or does he stick with where he is, where he is successful, but always wonder what if?
There is no perfect answer, there may not even be a right one.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29