Jun 14, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Apparently, you all care more about the Lakers/Celtics outcome than you do The Next Food Network Star.
Once again the NBA Finals drew a huge audience Sunday night, a 12.8 overnight rating, the highest game of the series thus far. That number means nearly 17 million people were watching Paul Pierce pretending to be Randy Moss and Ron Artest choking away free throws.
Those numbers are up 36 percent over last year, when either you didn’t care as much about Los Angeles and Orlando, or you found the Next Food Network Star more gripping.
This remains the most watched finals since 2004, which is when the nation could not take their eyes off the fantastic team defense of the Pistons and the fantastic hair of Ben Wallace.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 32
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 32
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18