Jun 14, 2010, 2:13 PM EDT
Apparently, you all care more about the Lakers/Celtics outcome than you do The Next Food Network Star.
Once again the NBA Finals drew a huge audience Sunday night, a 12.8 overnight rating, the highest game of the series thus far. That number means nearly 17 million people were watching Paul Pierce pretending to be Randy Moss and Ron Artest choking away free throws.
Those numbers are up 36 percent over last year, when either you didn’t care as much about Los Angeles and Orlando, or you found the Next Food Network Star more gripping.
This remains the most watched finals since 2004, which is when the nation could not take their eyes off the fantastic team defense of the Pistons and the fantastic hair of Ben Wallace.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6