Jun 14, 2010, 2:13 PM EST
Apparently, you all care more about the Lakers/Celtics outcome than you do The Next Food Network Star.
Once again the NBA Finals drew a huge audience Sunday night, a 12.8 overnight rating, the highest game of the series thus far. That number means nearly 17 million people were watching Paul Pierce pretending to be Randy Moss and Ron Artest choking away free throws.
Those numbers are up 36 percent over last year, when either you didn’t care as much about Los Angeles and Orlando, or you found the Next Food Network Star more gripping.
This remains the most watched finals since 2004, which is when the nation could not take their eyes off the fantastic team defense of the Pistons and the fantastic hair of Ben Wallace.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 16
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8