Jun 14, 2010, 2:13 PM EST
Apparently, you all care more about the Lakers/Celtics outcome than you do The Next Food Network Star.
Once again the NBA Finals drew a huge audience Sunday night, a 12.8 overnight rating, the highest game of the series thus far. That number means nearly 17 million people were watching Paul Pierce pretending to be Randy Moss and Ron Artest choking away free throws.
Those numbers are up 36 percent over last year, when either you didn’t care as much about Los Angeles and Orlando, or you found the Next Food Network Star more gripping.
This remains the most watched finals since 2004, which is when the nation could not take their eyes off the fantastic team defense of the Pistons and the fantastic hair of Ben Wallace.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 15
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2