Jun 14, 2010, 11:18 AM EDT
Late in the fourth quarter of Game 5, Kobe Bryant stepped away from the free throw line when a fan threw something on the court almost hitting Lamar Odom.
Stay classy, Boston.
“It looked like a vodka bottle,” said Odom, indicating that it was a miniature version. “It’s too bad. Someone could get hurt. I mean, I’ve seen it before, you know with tournaments around my way.”
Here’s what impresses me: In the middle of being focused on a crucial, tight Game 5, a small bottle comes whizzing by Odom’s head, and he could pick out that it was vodka. He probably knew the brand. That is some impressive alcohol bottle recognition. Apparently the man has spent some time in clubs.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 2
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 13
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 68
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49