Jun 14, 2010, 11:18 AM EST
Late in the fourth quarter of Game 5, Kobe Bryant stepped away from the free throw line when a fan threw something on the court almost hitting Lamar Odom.
Stay classy, Boston.
“It looked like a vodka bottle,” said Odom, indicating that it was a miniature version. “It’s too bad. Someone could get hurt. I mean, I’ve seen it before, you know with tournaments around my way.”
Here’s what impresses me: In the middle of being focused on a crucial, tight Game 5, a small bottle comes whizzing by Odom’s head, and he could pick out that it was vodka. He probably knew the brand. That is some impressive alcohol bottle recognition. Apparently the man has spent some time in clubs.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 10
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 22
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36