Jun 14, 2010, 11:18 AM EST
Late in the fourth quarter of Game 5, Kobe Bryant stepped away from the free throw line when a fan threw something on the court almost hitting Lamar Odom.
Stay classy, Boston.
“It looked like a vodka bottle,” said Odom, indicating that it was a miniature version. “It’s too bad. Someone could get hurt. I mean, I’ve seen it before, you know with tournaments around my way.”
Here’s what impresses me: In the middle of being focused on a crucial, tight Game 5, a small bottle comes whizzing by Odom’s head, and he could pick out that it was vodka. He probably knew the brand. That is some impressive alcohol bottle recognition. Apparently the man has spent some time in clubs.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)